Monday 19 March 2012

Before anybody draws up pre-conceived ideas of 'just another music blog' yawn, sigh, move on...have a little read about what I'm about.
First blog, so guess I'll let you get to know me. When i was 12 I read my first copy of Rolling Stone USA and decided I was going to be a journalist and write about festivals all over the world...ambitious I know but right now I am finishing my undergrad degree in above dream and doing 'research' by attending as many festivals and parties as I can=)

This blog will not only have reviews of parties I attend (because everybody does that) it will also have random little musical happenings and going ons. example number 1: the other day i was at the Waterfront and there were about 30 children ranging from the ages of about 6 to 10 sitting on the floor in two long lines and singing a traditional xhosa song to pass the time...this may sound like nothing but after standing for 10 minutes watching this I realized that every single person who walked past this spectacle smiled and stopped, even for just 2 minutes. It's that power of music that I want to share on this page. The magic that can brings hundreds of thousands together to just stand and smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment